Leonard T. Jernigan, Jr.
Leonard T. Jernigan, Jr., born in Durham, North Carolina; admitted to the bar, North Carolina and U.S. District Court, Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of North Carolina; United States Supreme Court.
Education and Certifications:
- Deerfield Academy, Massachusetts
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- North Carolina Central University School of Law
- North Carolina State Bar Legal Specialist – Workers’ Compensation Law
Bars and Courts:
Admitted to North Carolina State Bar in 1976. Admitted to practice in all of the Federal District Courts of North Carolina, the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court.
- North Carolina Bar Association;
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice;
- Wake County Bar Association;
- The American Association of Justice;
- The Workers’ Injury Law and Advocacy Group (WILG).
- Author of North Carolina Workers’ Compensation Law and Practice, first published in 1988 and now in its 5th Edition;
- Wake County Bar Association Board of Directors
- Past Chairman of the Workers’ Compensation and Workplace Injury Section of the American Association of Justice;
- Past President of Workers’ Injury Law and Advocacy Group (WILG), a national non-profit association of workers’ compensation attorneys;
- Past Chairman of the N.C. Bar Association’s Workers’ Compensation Section;
- Adjunct professor at North Carolina Central University School of Law, teaching Workers’ Compensation Law;
- Former member of the Advisory Council of the N.C. Industrial Commission;
- Member, Workers’ Compensation Panel of Attorneys for the National Football League Players Association and the Professional Hockey Players Association;
- Listed in the current edition of Best Lawyers in America and Super Lawyers;
- Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory (AV rated).
Primary Areas of Practice:
- Workers’ Compensation
- Personal Injury.
Get A Free Consultation
We can help. Please call us at (919)833-0299 for a free consultation, or use the “Contact Us” form below. Give us the opportunity to make your life better. In most cases we work on a contingency fee basis, so we do not charge attorney fees unless we are able to recover for you.